The Warehouse Lead for Exhibit Solutions Inc. will be responsible for supporting daily warehouse operations.
Reporting to the Labour & Warehouse Manager, the individual will provide operational support in the company warehouse (the majority of the role); this includes asset management, pulling, preparing and packing exhibit materials for shows. Warehouse set-ups, deliveries and assisting the fabrication team will also be part of their responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with Octanorm, system exhibits, and custom displays. The person has an understanding of exhibit construction.
He or she may be called upon to occasionally set up and dismantle exhibits at events and assist customers with their show requirements.
Providing an exceptional customer experience is key to this role. The warehouse lead must have the knowledge and communication skills to collaborate with colleagues and clients in a professional manner, as well as, have the technical expertise to ensure projects are executed flawlessly.
the right candidate
As a member of our team, you are accountable for the execution of client’s projects and shows; this includes working in our warehouse to pull and pack client’s exhibits and prepare for their shows. You are mature, highly customer service focused, confident, and very experienced in both system and custom builds. At Exhibit Solutions, you will need strong attention to detail, good communication skills and a willingness to exceed client’s (and colleague’s) expectations to be successful.
The right candidate will enjoy working as part of a small & energetic team. You like to be pro-active in completing work and are not afraid to take on (or learn) new tasks – small or large.
You enjoy working in a relaxed office environment but can interact with clients, partners or suppliers in a very professional manner. A successful candidate will be outgoing, hard-working and will welcome the responsibility and ownership that they can take on as part of a valued member of our small team.
Position Requirements & Key Responsibilities
- Pull and prepare exhibit and rental material for client’s shows.
- Load and unload materials.
- Warehouse maintenance; ensuring it is clean and organized.
- Assist with miscellaneous fabrication and shop work.
- Complete deliveries and pick-ups.
- Asset Management: keep detailed and accurate inventory of our rental and client’s materials and provide updates to the Labour & Warehouse Manager.
- Comply with safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
- Setup and dismantle exhibits.
- Understand the scope of assigned work and collaborate with Account Managers and the I&D Manager on projects.
- Working knowledge of exhibit design, construction, materials and comfortable to discuss these details with clients.
- Available to work on projects that take place in the evenings &/or weekends.
- Keep detailed records or time-sheets of hours
- Available to work a minimum of 37.5 hours per week (7.5 hours a day) or as necessary to complete projects.
- Requires previous experience in an equivalent or similar exhibit role
- This position is based out of our our offices in Brampton, Ontario.
Skills & Qualifications
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Experience working as an exhibit installer a plus
- Experience with Octanorm
- Read and interpret CAD set-up drawings
- Operate a Forklift - certification is a plus
- Drive a company or rental truck for pick-ups and deliveries
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent at following direction
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills
- Ability to work and thrive in a collaborative, multi-tasked environment while efficiently managing their own time
- Ability to work to strict timelines & deadlines, is organized and detail oriented
- Professional, “get it done” attitude
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs, specifically Outlook & Excel
- Experience with web based project management software is a plus
- Demonstrates growth through training or professional development
If you would like to be considered for this position - please e-mail your resume, including one paragraph outlining why you would be a good candidate to Wendy Trencs at email@example.com .
Founded over 25 years ago, Exhibit Solutions Inc. is a privately owned family business.
We design and fabricate displays for trade shows and events nationally and internationally. In addition to the construction of clients’ exhibits, we manage their exhibit program or individual shows.
We have built strong working relationships with our clients and have worked with many of them for over 15 years. Our clients range from medium to large organizations in Canada, the U.S. and in Europe.
As a boutique exhibit house with a small team, we are all dedicated to quality work and an exceptional customer experience. We value teamwork, a strong work ethic and hold ourselves to the highest standard to ensure our client's events are a success.