The Production Manager will be responsible for managing the production process of our client’s exhibits and display.
The focus is on production planning and scheduling, managing staff, ensuring effective quality control, and timely delivery of goods and services for our trade shows and events.
Position Requirements & Key Responsibilities
- Manage production process for clients’ exhibits and displays
- Schedule and manage the workload for production staff
- Supervise and direct the day-to-day activities of production employees
- Review new projects to recommend fabrication and production techniques based on design objectives and budgetary constraints
- Determine products, materials and quantities needed for projects
- Source materials and manage third-party vendors
- Work with the Account Manager to identify and plan the division of responsibilities relating to the scope of work
- Work with the Shop Manager and Account Manager, identify the critical path for the successful fabrication of all custom elements. Establish, publish and manage a realistic timetable that reflects the critical path.
- Work with the CAD Detailing department and Shop to ensure all necessary CAD drawings are correct, complete and properly distributed to the correct departments
- Monitor quality of workmanship and production to ensure they meet client and Exhibit Solutions objectives
- Manage costs to ensure we meet budget goals while achieving the client's expectations
- Monitor, coordinate and communicate all project specifications and ongoing progress to team members (continuity of information flow between departments)
- Exercise excellent judgment with the ability to proactively identify issues, obstacles, or cost overruns, delays; more importantly, create effective solutions
- Work with the Account Manager and Warehouse/Labour Manager to develop an efficient on-site logistical plan for installation of all fabricated items
- Possess the ability to work independently, as a team lead, or as a team player as required
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Cultivate and promote a safe working environment
- Available to work a minimum of 37.5 hours per week (7.5 hours a day) or as necessary to complete projects.
This position is based out of our our offices in Brampton, Ontario.
Skills & Qualifications
- University or College degree is an asset
- 5+ years’ experience in exhibits, displays or trade shows – specifically in a Production or Project Management role
- Hands-on technical skill-set encompassing fabrication, carpentry, and/or display installations
- Demonstrated experience in providing leadership, implementing strong team-building skills, and mentoring staff
- Proven experience with exhibit materials and exhibit fabrication, demonstrating a working knowledge of current codes, production procedures, materials and installation methods unique to our business
- Ability to work to deadlines and able to follow directions
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving & analytical skills
- Experience with Octanorm or similar exhibit system is an asset
- Experience with project management or productions scheduling software (SmartSheet)
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs (specifically Outlook and Excel)
- Ability to work and thrive in a collaborative, multi-tasked environment while efficiently managing their own time
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, while delegating tasks when required.
- Organized, and detail oriented with a professional “get it done” attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates growth through organization, skills training & professional development
*Only those with Exhibit, Display or Trade Show experience will be considered.
the right candidate
Reporting to the General Manager, the ideal candidate will have proven experience with custom millwork, system exhibits and the fabrication of exhibits and displays. He or She has a proven history of successfully executed exhibit build projects; which includes managing resources, collaborating with different departments, providing direction to internal teams and being an active, engaged and positive team member throughout the sales, design, engineering and production process.
At Exhibit Solutions, you will need strong attention to detail, excellent interpersonal skills, as well as, excellent knowledge and experience with display fabrication to be successful.
The right candidate will enjoy working as part of a small & energetic team. You like to be pro-active in completing work and are not afraid to take on (or learn) new tasks – small or large.
You enjoy working in a relaxed office environment but can interact with colleagues, partners or suppliers in a very professional manner. A successful candidate will be outgoing, hard-working and will welcome the responsibility and ownership that they can take on as part of a valued member of our small team.
If you would like to be considered for this position - please e-mail your resume, including one paragraph outlining why you would be a good candidate to Wendy Trencs at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Founded over 25 years ago, Exhibit Solutions Inc. is a privately owned family business.
We design and fabricate displays for trade shows and events nationally and internationally. In addition to the construction of clients’ exhibits, we manage their exhibit program or individual shows.
We have built strong working relationships with our clients and have worked with many of them for over 15 years. Our clients range from medium to large organizations in Canada, the U.S. and in Europe.
As a boutique exhibit house with a small team, we are all dedicated to quality work and an exceptional customer experience. We value teamwork, a strong work ethic and hold ourselves to the highest standard to ensure our client's events are a success.