Office Administrator and Coordinator
Reporting to the Office Manager, the 'Office Administrator and Coordinator' provides administrative support to the team, and works closely with Account Managers on project management responsibilities for our trade shows and events.
Position Requirements & Key Responsibilities
Provide operational support to the Account Managers:
- Open new client files (binders & and Excel documents)
- Review trade show manuals for rules, regulations, relevant information and deadlines
- Communicate show information to Account Managers
- Update the project calendars with deadline dates
- Collaborate with Account Managers & other team members on ongoing projects (request information from show organizers, follow-up with Account Managers to place orders, request pricing or quotes from the show, provide updates on order status)
- Complete event order forms for all clients, confirm orders & file confirmations
- Book travel arrangements. Coordinate flights, hotel reservations and transportation for out of town projects.
- Manage all office supplies ensuring materials are replenished and systems maintained as per the Office Manager’s requirements
- Perform administrative duties for ongoing projects (including, but not limited to, filing, copying, printing labels, record keeping, updating spreadsheets)
- Coordinate and prepare shipping and courier documentation, track, follow-up on shipments and ensure all relevant parties are updated
- Greet guests and answer the main office phone line
- Maintain office phone system, trouble-shooting, training new hires, coordinating with phone management company
- Coordinate meeting bookings and manage utilization of board room
- Arrange or pick-up catering for in-house meetings
- Available to work a minimum of 37.5 hours per week (7.5 hours a day) or as necessary to complete projects.
- This position is based out of our our offices in Brampton, Ontario.
This is a junior position with good career potential for someone who demonstrates growth and is willing to invest at least a couple of years in this role.
Skills & Qualifications
- Diploma or University/College degree
- 2 or more years of related experience (trade shows or events a plus)
- Superb organization and administrative skills
- Detail oriented - must provide examples
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Professional phone and people skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Ability to work to strict timelines and deadlines
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects with changing priorities
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously on predefined goals
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (specifically Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Comfortable using online project management applications (Smartsheet a plus)
- Ability to work and thrive in a multi-tasked, fast paced environment
- Professional, “get it done” attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills and enjoys helping people and providing positive, friendly support to clients and other team members
- Demonstrates personal and/or professional growth
the right candidate
The right candidate will enjoy working as part of a small & energetic team. You will have the opportunity to learn about all areas of the exhibiting process, and with added experience take on more responsibilities. You like to be pro-active in completing work and are not afraid to take on (or learn) new tasks – small or large.
At Exhibit Solutions, you will need strong attention to detail, good communication skills and a willingness to exceed client’s (and colleague’s) expectations to be successful.
You enjoy working in a relaxed office environment but can interact with clients, partners or suppliers in a very professional manner. The successful candidate will be outgoing, hard-working and will welcome the responsibility and ownership that they can take on as part of a valued member of our team.
If you would like to be considered for this position - please e-mail your resume, including one paragraph outlining why you would be a good candidate to Wendy Trencs at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Founded over 25 years ago, Exhibit Solutions Inc. is a privately owned family business.
We design and fabricate displays for trade shows and events nationally and internationally. In addition to the construction of clients’ exhibits, we manage their exhibit program or individual shows.
We have built strong working relationships with our clients and have worked with many of them for over 15 years. Our clients range from medium to large organizations in Canada, the U.S. and in Europe.
As a boutique exhibit house with a small team, we are all dedicated to quality work and an exceptional customer experience. We value teamwork, a strong work ethic and hold ourselves to the highest standard to ensure our client's events are a success.