CAD Detailer and Graphics Coordinator
The CAD Detailer and Graphics Coordinator will be responsible for providing detailing support
to the Design Manager, as well as, coordinating with suppliers on graphic orders.
Reporting to the General Manager, the CAD Detailer/Graphics Coordinator for Exhibit Solutions Inc will be responsible for providing detailing support to the Design Manager, as well as, coordinating with suppliers on graphic orders.
He or she has an understanding of building techniques and methods, mechanical aptitude, along with great visualization skills. The candidate will be proficient in 3D modeling, experienced with CAD Software, and familiar with the Adobe suite of programs. Experience detailing system exhibits is key as the position will include working in Vectorworks to detail Octanorm exhibits.
the right candidate
At Exhibit Solutions, you will need strong attention to detail, excellent customer service skills, as well as, good knowledge of exhibits and/or experience within the industry to be successful.
The right candidate will enjoy working as part of a small and energetic team. You like to be pro-active in completing work and are not afraid to take on (or learn) new tasks – small or large.
You enjoy working in a relaxed office environment but can interact with clients, partners or suppliers in a very professional manner. A successful candidate will be outgoing, hard-working and will welcome the responsibility and ownership that they can take on as part of a valued member of our small team.
Position Requirements & Key Responsibilities
- Prepare detailed construction, specification, set-up drawings and floorplans for exhibits
- Partner with Account Managers, Designer, Project Manager, Estimator, and Production staff to ensure that the details represent the intended solution (e.g. cost-effective / quality / ease of set-up / other)
- Maintain drawings, including updates and revision documents
- Manage CAD/design files and project archiving
- Oversee all graphic orders; coordinating with suppliers and Account Managers
- Create graphic layouts & templates
- Request graphic quotes from suppliers and assemble pricing
- Coordinate proof approvals with Account Managers
- Place graphic orders
- Order and coordinate graphic pick-ups with the warehouse team and/or order local couriers
- Inspect incoming graphics
- Provide occasional graphic support after hours, evening and weekends if shows require
- Manage relationships with graphics suppliers & source new suppliers as needed
- Attend weekly Production Meetings and communicate updates on all ongoing detailing and graphics work.
- Available to work a minimum of 37.5 hours per week (7.5 hours a day) or as necessary to complete projects.
This position is based out of our our offices in Brampton, Ontario.
Skills & Qualifications
- Diploma or College degree is an asset
- 3 or more years detailing experience in the exhibit industry or related field
- Experience with detailing system exhibits (Octanorm is a plus)
- Knowledge of cabinetry and millwork manufacturing
- Experience producing shop drawings
- Ability to work to deadlines and able to follow directions
- Proficiency in CAD software, Vectorworks a plus
- Ability to work and thrive in a collaborative, multi-tasked environment while efficiently managing their own time
- Excellent organizational, problem solving & analytical skills
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, with a professional “get it done” attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A professional phone manner along with strong communication skills are required
- Demonstrates growth through organization, skills training &/or professional development
If you would like to be considered for this position - please e-mail your resume, including one paragraph outlining why you would be a good candidate to Wendy Trencs at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Founded over 25 years ago, Exhibit Solutions Inc. is a privately owned family business.
We design and fabricate displays for trade shows and events nationally and internationally. In addition to the construction of clients’ exhibits, we manage their exhibit program or individual shows.
We have built strong working relationships with our clients and have worked with many of them for over 15 years. Our clients range from medium to large organizations in Canada, the U.S. and in Europe.
As a boutique exhibit house with a small team, we are all dedicated to quality work and an exceptional customer experience. We value teamwork, a strong work ethic and hold ourselves to the highest standard to ensure our client's events are a success.